Friday, February 3, 2012

Birthday Eve

It's Birthday Eve and therefore time to blog. Yes, I just made that rule up. I can do whatever I want because it's my Birthday Eve. When it's your Birthday Eve you can do whatever you want. I suppose you can do whatever you want on any sort of Eve but I've now gotten carried away with this whole thing and just need to move on.


I have a feeling this is going to be one of the most blah birthdays I've ever had. Being home with pneumonia for the last two weeks pretty much ensured that. My only plan for the weekend is to stay in and rest and open the cards and boxes that have been delivered this week. I'm certain that will be the highlight and send my thanks in advance to everyone that sent them!


I was supposed to have birthday dinner with friends tomorrow night but that had to be cancelled. I'm sure we'll reschedule but it's definitely strange to have no plans on my actual birthday. I just felt it was best to stay in a little longer. This pneumonia is really not interesting at all but it has definitely made me even more certain that I need to do something spectacular and awesome for my birthday next year. After all, it's divisible by five and someone once told me that any birthday ending in a zero or a five is a big deal...or maybe I made that up...either way I'm pretty sure it's true. I'm also pretty sure those birthdays are supposed to involve jewelry. Just FYI.


As I was contemplating the birthday I remembered a silly tradition I started three years ago on this blog and decided to do it once again just to see how things have changed. I selected this year's songs from the Recently Played section of iTunes (as I did last year), so this is what I've been listening to obsessively for weeks, months, maybe even since last year. You can check out 2010's songs here and 2009's here


Ready 2012? Let's do this!!


Opening Credits:
Born to Love You - Nathan Angelo

Waking Up:
Miss Me - Andy Grammer

First Day at School:
You Can't Win - Kelly Clarkson

What Your Friends Think of You:
I Saw - Matt Nathanson

What You Think of Your Friends:
Blinding Light - Switchfoot

What You Think of Your Best Friend:
Bent - Matt Nathanson

What You Like in a Boy:
Little Wonders - Rob Thomas

Falling in Love:
Sing it Out - Switchfoot

Fight Song:
What You Mean to Me - Christopher Wilde (a.k.a. Sterling Knight)

Breaking Up:
Kings and Queens - 30 Seconds to Mars

Prom:
Angel - Matt Nathanson

What You Wanted to Be When You Grew Up:
Back to You - John Mayer

Life:
Ladies - Andy Grammer

How You Describe Yourself:
Ghost - Parachute

How You Feel Today - Your Birthday!:
So Much I Don't Know - Nathan Angelo (wow, if that's not perfect, I don't know what is)

Mental Breakdown:
All I Have to do is Dream - Matt Nathanson

Your Life's Purpose:
Now Comes the Night - Rob Thomas

Your Motto:
Masterpiece - Todd Carey

What You Think About Often:
I Give My All - Nathan Angelo

Your Hobby/Interest:
Come Around - Nathan Angelo

Your Biggest Fear:
Philadelphia - Parachute

Your Biggest Secret:
American Secrets - Parachute (hmmm...)

Driving:
Your Name - Zach Chance

Flashback:
Photograph - Todd Carey (well okay, here's my TC Photograph flashback)

Getting Back Together:
Drop to Hold You - Matt Nathanson

Wedding Scene:
Kiss Me Slowly - Parachute

Your Wedding Dance:
Breathe - Ryan Star

What You Think of When You See the Love of Your Life:
Count On Me - Mat Kearney

Birth of Child:
Make it Without You - Andrew Belle

Life Story:
Save You - Matthew Perryman Jones

Final Battle:
All We Ever Do is Say Goodbye - John Mayer

Death Scene:
In My Veins - Andrew Belle

Funeral Song:
Watching Waiting - Todd Carey

End Credits:
Hope You Found it Now - Jason Walker


Well there you have it...another year of music I love. If you don't know some of these artists I would definitely encourage you to check them out. I've been discovering a lot of great musicians in the last couple of years and have loved expanding my collection of music. If there's one thing that can almost always make me smile, no matter how bad I feel, it's music. Sometimes I can't even explain why a song moves me but so many do and I absolutely love that. I hope you're all enjoying whatever you're listening to these days and I hope it moves you and makes you smile.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment