Friday, February 4, 2011

Birthday Friday: Yeah, it was yay.

I turned 43 today. I'm not afraid of it. It doesn't bother me. I'm 43. See? I said it again. FORTY-THREE! And it was an excellent day! I did have to work this morning, but it wasn't too bad and leaving at noon meant traffic was a breeze. 


My first stop was Pluto's and I had a yummy salad while enjoying the 70 degree weather. Yeah. SEVENTY DEGREES! In February!! This is why I love California. 










Next I walked further into Santana Row and spent some time at Burke Williams having a divine facial. I left there completely relaxed and wishing I could visit every day. Pure joy.










From there I journeyed across Winchester to the old Century dome theatres (now the Winchester something or other) and saw The Fighter. Wow. GREAT movie. I can't believe I waited this long to see it. It's deserving of everything it's nominated for and everything it wins. Also, the popcorn was yay.








When that was over I wandered back to Santana Row and met my friend Marcie and her daughter Ashley at The Counter for dinner. The burgers are always good, but let's be honest, I really only go there for the sweet potato fries. Tonight however, I got an extra bonus because Ashley made me a cake. And not just any cake, but a divinely decorated Happy Bacon Birthday cake - YES! Seriously, could this be any cuter? No. It could not. 









We roamed about the Row after dinner, then I came home and opened presents and cards from my family and I can honestly say this has been an excellent birthday! I'm so thankful to the 100+ people who posted Happy Birthday wishes on my Facebook wall, and to the numerous others who tweeted, called or sent me a text (text'd?). I am truly blessed.


Finally, I decided to continue a tradition I started two years ago by re-doing the whole iPod/iTunes shuffle and seeing how things have changed. I selected this year's songs from the Recently Played section of iTunes, so this is what I've been listening to obsessively for weeks, months, maybe even since last year. In case you don't remember last year's version, you can check it out here. Or the year before, here. It's a little cheesy, but then again, so am I.


ENJOY!

Opening Credits:
Where Are You Tonight - Todd Carey

Waking Up:
Your Love Is A Song - Switchfoot

First Day at School:
Wake Me Up When September Ends - Green Day

What Your Friends Think of You:
My Only One - Plain White T's

What You Think of Your Friends:
Drawn Out - Dishwalla

What You Think of Your Best Friend:
Hurricane - Thirty Seconds to Mars

What You Like in a Boy:
Always - Switchfoot

Falling in Love:
Start A Fire - Ryan Star

Fight Song:
The King Of Cliche - Todd Carey

Breaking Up:
Photograph - Todd Carey

Prom:
Today, Tonight - Dishwalla

What You Wanted to Be When You Grew Up:
Enough To Let Me Go - Switchfoot

Life:
Party Up - Brandon Mychal Smith

How You Describe Yourself:
Cry Out To Jesus - Third Day

How You Feel Today - Your Birthday!:
Friends, Lovers or Nothing - John Mayer

Mental Breakdown:
Sing It Out - Switchfoot

Your Life's Purpose:
Revelation - Third Day

Your Motto:
Feel - Matchbox Twenty

What You Think About Often:
Suspended - Matt Nathanson

Your Hobby/Interest:
Give Me The Meltdown - Rob Thomas

Your Biggest Fear:
Last Train Home - Ryan Star

Your Biggest Secret:
Holiday - Green Day

Driving:
Gotta Be Next To You - Todd Carey

Flashback:
Masterpiece - Todd Carey

Getting Back Together:
Don't Waste The Pretty - Allison Iraheta f/Orianthi

Wedding Scene:
Hallelujah - Todd Carey

Your Wedding Dance:
New Morning - Alpha Rev

What You Think of When You See the Love of Your Life:
The First Day - Todd Carey

Birth of Child:
Assassin - John Mayer

Life Story:
The One - Brandon Heath

Final Battle:
Count On Me - Bruno Mars

Death Scene:
A Beautiful Lie - Thirty Seconds to Mars

Funeral Song:
Losing Your Memory - Ryan Star

End Credits:
American Idiot - Green Day

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to spend the day turning 43!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome way to spend the day....minus work in the morning of course! Btw, what did she use to make the bacon strips?

    ReplyDelete