Saturday, February 12, 2011

Movies, phones and naps don't mix

My friend and I went to see No Strings Attached today...you know, the Ashton Kutcher/Natalie Portman flick about being friends with benefits. And let me just start this blog off by saying that we really liked the movie. It was sweet and funny and Ashton isn't terrible to look at. 

We debated which seats to choose when we got into the theatre as both of us are typically back row movie watchers...and believe me, today's adventure made it very clear why. Well, we didn't pick the back row because the seats in the back row were adjacent to an area for wheelchairs and we decided to sit in the row in front of them. Stupid, stupid us.

When we sat down there was a couple a few seats away from us and another couple of people at the other end of the row. There were two people in the row behind us on the other end. And then, of course, two people sat in the seats we decided not to sit in. Right behind us. 

The movie hadn't started, so most people were talking, but these two behind us were LOUD. I believe we actually heard the man say the word masturbate at one point and we both nearly fell out of our seats. We debated moving but then convinced ourselves that they were grown ups and would quiet down once the movie started. Seriously. We were stupid.

Meanwhile, while my friend and I were chatting, again, before the movie or even the previews started, I got shushed by the woman in the couple a few seats down from us. Yeah. She shushed me. Awesome.

The lights went down and the folks behind us did get quiet, but as the movie got started we heard some quiet chatter and it was definitely annoying. But not as annoying as her phone ringing. And ringing. And ringing. And her rummaging through her purse saying loudly that she turned it off and couldn't figure out what happened. Again, awesome. Five or ten minutes later it rang again and the man in the couple in our row told her a thing or two about it. It was special.

The movie went on and my friend and I were laughing at the movie and at the phone ringing and at the man yelling at the woman when suddenly, there was snoring. Oh yes. Snoring. And not just a little bit of snoring, but a lot of loud snoring. I was almost crying I was laughing so hard, trying to keep quiet, and my friend was the same. It would stop and then startle us when it started again, and seriously, it went through the rest of the movie. Unbelievable. 

When the credits started to roll and the lights came up the couple next to us were suddenly our friends and we lamented about the two behind us. Apparently it was the phone lady that was snoring. Such a treat.

I can guarantee that I will never not sit in the back row again after today. Like I said, we still enjoyed the movie. We just didn't realize our ticket price also included an extra dose of entertainment and a shot of annoyance. They should really advertise that so you know what you're really paying for.

Thanks for the fun Camera 7. You never cease to entertain me.

No comments:

Post a Comment