Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Birthday Shuffle

There are so many Facebook lists floating around these days, and while I normally dread those sorts of things, I really enjoyed the ones involving music (The Soundtrack of Your Life, etc.). So, because I think the pod actually DOES know all, I decided to combine the two musical lists I've received recently.

I decided on the increment by 2 clicks method for this list...because, well, that seemed right. So, here goes...I like to call it, The Birthday Shuffle...I've also added some comments where appropriate...

Opening Credits:
Somewhere in Between - Lifehouse

Waking Up:
Heroes - David Cook

First Day at School:
Sunny Days - Jars of Clay (That kinda makes me think of Sesame Street...Sunny Day, sweeping the clouds away...)

What Your Friends Think of You:
Perfect Day - Hoku (HA! This is from the Legally Blonde soundtrack.)

What You Think of Your Friends:
Soul Free - George Michael

What You Think of Your Best Friend:
Walking Her Home - Mark Schultz

What You Like in a Boy:
Dirty Second Hands - Switchfoot (Okay, not sure I like the word dirty in this category.)

Falling in Love:
Pretty the World - Matt Nathanson

Fight Song:
Cry Out to Jesus - Third Day (I love that this is the fight song! Because that's what we should do in a fight!)

Breaking Up:
Precious Box - George Michael

Prom:
Still Listening - Third Day

What You Wanted to Be When You Grew Up:
Burn Out Bright - Switchfoot (Um...No. I did not want to be a burn out...but I LOVE this song! And it has nothing to do with being a burn out...)

Life:
Free Fallin' - John Mayer (I love this version! The song was originally done by Tom Petty, and his version always makes me think of Jerry Maguire.)

How You Describe Yourself:
All I Ever Wanted - Train (That's right. I'm all I ever wanted.)

How You Feel Today - Your Birthday!:
Spinning The Wheel - George Michael (The birthday wheel of joy!)

Mental Breakdown:
Easier Than Love - Switchfoot (Okay, that's just funny...that a mental breakdown is easier than love...HA!)

Your Life's Purpose:
Illusions - Matt Nathanson (I live to create illusion for others...excellent.)

Your Motto:
California's Burning - Augustana (Can that be a motto? California: We're Burning...well, we do seem to burn a lot of cash...)

What You Think About Often:
Have Mercy - Third Day

Your Hobby/Interest:
Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! - From the Mamma Mia Soundtrack...orginally by Abba of course

Your Biggest Fear:
Your Love is a Lie - Simple Plan

Your Biggest Secret:
The Boys of Summer - Don Henly (That's right...I have this group of boys that show up in the summer...)

Driving:
Suspended - Matt Nathanson

Flashback:
There is a River - Jars of Clay

Getting Back Together:
The Anthem - Good Charlotte

Wedding Scene:
How Long - Lifehouse (As in...how long will this last? Or how long did I have to wait? Not sure...)

Your Wedding Dance:
Give - Dishwalla

What You Think of When You See the Love of Your Life:
Prodigal - OneRepublic

Birth of Child:
An Cat Dubh - U2 (That seems fitting...this is a bit of a bizarre song, and I'm sure that childbirth sounds a lot like The Edge's guitar at the beginning.)

Life Story:
I Still Ain't Over You - Augustana

Final Battle:
Have You Ever - Brandy

Death Scene:
Zoo Station - U2 (Excellent! One of my faves.)

Funeral Song:
If You're Gone - Matchbox Twenty (This version is actually live from their concert in San Jose last March.)

End Credits:
Thanks for the Memories - Fall Out Boy

3 comments:

  1. You and I were on the same wavelength today...

    http://www.scarletsletters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent!! all the smart and fabulous people are doing it. :-)

    glad to have your blog url too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a super fun birthday!! I kinda enjoy answering questions with an iPod.

    ReplyDelete