Sunday, July 11, 2010

Today, it's all about the music

...Planning concerts
...Downloading albums and single songs
...Obsessing over certain artists

This is what I've been up to lately. Music. It's all about the music. Here's what my late summer/early fall looks like:

August 15 - Rob Thomas
August 22 - Beauty and The Beast (it's a musical, so it counts)
August 31 - Todd Carey (that's him in the photo)
September 4 - Green Day
October 1 - Train
October 14 - Third Day

And I'm still debating about a July 23 Adam Lambert concert as well as an August 26 date with Switchfoot and the Goo Goo Dolls.

This is why I have a job.

In the last couple of weeks I've downloaded a wide variety of tunes from several genres:

Revive - Blink (whole cd downloaded)
B.o.B - Airplanes (featuring Hayley Williams) and Nothin' on You (featuring Bruno Mars)
Green Day's American Idiot (The Original Broadway Recording) - actual CDs purchased!
Todd Carey - 41 (cover of Dave Matthew's Band) - this one was free! Thanks Todd!
Allison Iraheta - Don't Waste the Pretty (featuring Orianthi)
Aaron Fresh - Spending All My Time
Drake - Find Your Love
Muse - Neutron Star Collison (Love is Forever)
Todd Carey - Gotta be Next to You (featuring Amber Rubarth)
Daughtry - Leave This Town B Sides
Nate Fowler - Hurricane - this one was free too! Thanks Nate!

So let's see...according to iTunes I've covered Christian and Gospel, Rap and Hip-Hop, Soundtrack, Blues, Pop, R and B and Folk. I am ALL over the place!!

Mostly, over the last week or so, I've been obsessing over Todd Carey and can't wait to go see him next month. I've been a fan for a couple of years but haven't seen him live, so that is definitely going to be a highlight for this year's concert tour.

It's funny because at home, I tend to listen to more mellow tunes via iTunes while I drift off to sleep or while I'm doing anything on my laptop. My soundtrack for the last week or so has been Todd Carey, Matt Nathanson, John Mayer and Rob Thomas for the most part. On my iPod, however, which I listen to in the car and in my office, it's all of them plus so many more. I'd list them here but you'd be bored. So here's a snapshot of the middle of my Current Faves iPod playlist.


So, what have YOU been listening to? 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment