Thursday, December 31, 2009

It's just another New Year's Eve...


...another night like all the rest.


Can you name the artist? It's a classic in my opinion, a little sad, but I can't go through a New Year's Eve without hearing it. I was kinda bitter that I couldn't find Barry - yes that's Barry Manilow - actually performing the song, but you can at least hear the song in this video.





Of course another classic New Year's Eve tune is Prince's 1999...but now it just seems old.


I'm home on New Year's Eve, and am enjoying it immensely. I just finished watching the Sharks win in a shootout - yay! - and had a great Outback dinner with a good friend.

I'm pretty sure I get Outback Curbside Takeaway too often considering three of the servers that work the Takeaway area stopped at our table to chat with me. On the other hand, because they know me, I sometimes get free tea. It's not all bad, right?

I have no interest in making New Year's resolutions, do you? I found a cool Resolution Generator site that helps you if you do want to make them though. The first one I generated said: "This Year, I Will...Try Harder." Really? Okay. I'll try harder at something. It might be lounging, but whatever. I'll try harder at it. The second one I generated said: "This Year, I Will...Touch My Toes." Ummm...okay...I didn't try a third one.

I'm not sure I'll be staying up 'till midnight; we'll see. It's after midnight in New York now...doesn't that count? I have another 3 hours before the hour hits here and at this moment, it's doubtful that I'll see it roll in.

I hope you all enjoy ringing in Twenty-Ten. See you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment