Friday, December 25, 2009

It's Christmas time...

...and there's no need to be afraid. At Christmas time, we let in light and we banish shade. And in our world of plenty we can spread a smile of joy. Throw your arms around the world at Christmas time.




This is quite possibly my all-time favorite modern Christmas song, not because it's a great song, which it is, but because of the message it provides. Whenever I hear it during the Christmas season, I get chills and sometimes even tears in my eyes. It saddens me that our world still struggles with poverty and starvation more than 20 years after this was put together. It reminds me that I personally need to do more to feed the world...whether that's the other side of the planet, or the other side of my neighborhood.


I realize this is a very mellow blog for Christmas Eve, well, now Christmas Day, but it was on my mind and I wanted to share.

Happy Christmas Everyone!






No comments:

Post a Comment