Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The first step is admitting your addiction...

My name is Carrie, and I'm addicted to music...all kinds of music, but especially live music. As many of you know, I'm a concert junkie...an addict, if you will. When each new year begins, I wonder which of my favorite bands will tour and how many will come to the Bay Area so I can see them in person. So many bypass us that I typically start the year as a skeptic thinking that this will be the year I don't get to see anyone in concert. But then...I'm surprised...and excited...and full of concert tickets!! Oh yes. I feed my addiction. And it is JOY!

Here we are in July, and so far, I've seen only 2 concerts. But oh. They were joyous. They were both the same tour...Third Day, with Revive & Brandon Heath. One in Modesto and one in Fresno. But now, the real fun begins...
  • July - Matt Nathanson (that's tomorrow!)
  • August - Switchfoot, Green Day, Daughtry
  • September - Pink
  • October - Rob Thomas, U2
  • November - Billy Joel/Elton John, Kelly Clarkson
Crazy, right? Yes. I'm completely addicted to concerts!! That's nine concerts in five months. NINE!! But I don't care. There is nothing like live music. Nothing.

I wonder who might be on tour in December...

So, what concerts are YOU attending this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment