Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Name That Song!

I'm a bit of a lyric junkie...not that I can always sing along to every song, but I love to figure out the lyrics of songs...think about them...wonder what the writer was thinking about when they wrote it...assuming many times that it was something deeply profound only to find out later it was written about a crazy cat around the corner from their cousin's house...but whatever...it's still fun!

I'm always amazed at people who love a song but really have no clue what the lyrics are or what the song's about. I get liking a song for the music...there are certainly some that fall into that category for me...but sometimes, once I know the lyrics, I can't listen anymore...sometimes the lyrics ruin a song.

Anyway, just for fun...let's play a game...can you guess the song these lyrics are from? What about the artist? Have fun!

Song #1:
His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy
There's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti
He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready

Song #2:
Did I waste it?
Not so much I couldn't taste it
Life should be fragrant
Rooftop to the basement

Song #3:
Waitin', watchin' the clock, it's four o'clock, it's got to stop
Tell him, take no more, she practices her speech
As he opens the door, she rolls over...
Pretends to sleep as he looks her over

Song #4:
Well, I put so much thought into getting ready
Now I know that was the best part
It's so easy to get caught up in what I'm regretting
Forget what I got from a wounded heart

Song #5:
Give me a revelation
Show me what to do
'Cause I've been trying to find my way
I haven't got a clue




I'll provide answers later...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment