Thursday, March 12, 2009

Would your life suck without me?

Okay. No need to answer that. I just love that there's a song on the radio called "My Life Would Suck Without You". I mean, how great is that? It's what we want to say, and not some flowery romanticized sentiment. It's real life. Real.

I've always loved Kelly Clarkson because she's so real. As the first American Idol, she has obviously had more time than anyone else to become a star, and she's done it...without going crazy and going down the road of Britney or other silly pop stars. She's pop - pure and simple. She's what AI was always intended to be. Many will argue that Carrie Underwood is the most successful Idol, but I disagree. She is COUNTRY. American Idol was supposed to be a pop show. She should NOT have won. But I'm not bitter...

So Kelly's latest album dropped this week...yes, I said album and I said dropped. That's how I roll. The first single (referenced above) is pure, unadulterated pop, and I LOVE IT!!! The album is great, and I highly recommend it. Her last album was, well, an "experiment". I just recently downloaded it, and it's certainly not awful, but it is fairly useless compared to the new one and the one prior to it.

I've read a couple of semi-snotty reviews of her new album...commercialized, remake of her last popular album...blah-blah-blah. And? So? Why is it bad to be commercialized and revisit the formulas that work for you? Obviously there are people who like it, so what's the big deal? I've never understood this. Why must everything be new and on the edge and whatever? Her experiment clearly didn't work well, so she stepped back and said, okay, I'm going back to my bread and butter of pop. Good for her I say! I know I've been listening to the album pretty much non-stop since I downloaded it Tuesday night...and there are not many artists I do that with.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure my life would suck without you...so thanks for taking some time to read this silly little anti-blog. Hope you enjoyed!

4 comments:

  1. Gotta love Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely! I can't wait to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the album is great! you must get it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE "My Life Would Suck Without You". I also don't think C. Underwood should have won AI. I am wondering why oh why I haven't seen your posts until now. You are NOT popping up on my Google Reader. I must look into this. Grrrr!!!

    ReplyDelete