Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sometimes, you just need a little Firefly...


Seriously...how was this only on for one season? And yet, we have 27 seasons of the Bachelor/Bachelorette and a myriad of other reality crap. Stupid.

In my own personal Saturday/Sunday Firefly marathon this weekend, I was reminded of some of the great lines these characters got to say. Did I miss any of your favorites? And what of your favorite episodes? I think my favorite is Jaynestown, followed closely by Trash. I should really watch more often...




From Captain Malcolm Reynolds (Mal), played by the oh-so-fantabulous Nathan Fillion - clearly, he got the bulk of the good lines:

"We have done the impossible and that makes us mighty."

"It's a real burden being right so often."

"You can't open the book of my life and jump in the middle."

"You're all kinds a pleasin'."

"The next time you decide to stab me in the back, have the guts to do it to my face."

"I must say, you're my kind a stupid."

"Life's just too damn short for ifs and maybes."




From Jayne Cobb, played by the excellent Adam Baldwin - he gets the second best lines to be sure:

"Time for some thrilling heroics."


"See Vera? Dress yourself up and you get taken out somewhere fun." (Vera, of course, being Jayne's gun)

"Not as deceiving as a low down dirty deceiver."

"I'm smellin' a lot of if comin' off this plan."

"If wishes were horses we'd all be eatin' steak."


Alan Tudyk's highly entertaining Wash (Hoban Washburne) - okay, maybe he gets the second best lines:

"Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal."

"Sleepiness is weakness of character."

"When do we get to go to the crappy town where I'm a hero?"

"You'd be planning and plotting and possibly scheming."

"We all know I'm the funny one."


Random quotes from random extra cast people:

"I cannot abide useless people."

"I shaved off my beard for you devil woman."

"I've been waiting for you to kiss me since I showed you my guns."


Shepherd Book, played by Ron Glass and his long gray hair:

"If you take sexual advantage of her, you're going to burn in a special level of hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theatre."

"They'll be poems and songs. Just you wait."





Simon Tam, played by Sean Maher (and played as a kid by Zac Efron, just in case you were wondering...):

"You're like a trained ape. Without the training."









 

 
Inara, played by Morena Baccarin - whose hair looked MUCH better in this than on V:

"It's not embarrassing to be a virgin. It's simply a state of being."


"One can not always be one's self in the company of men."



Kaylee, the ship's mechanic, played by Jewel Staite:

"What's so damn important about being proper?"


"Sometimes a thing gets broke it can't be fixed."



River Tam, crazy freaky smart girl, played by Summer Glau:

"He looks better in red."


"No power in the 'verse can stop me."

"Also, I can kill you with my brain."


Zoe, played by Gina Torres, a Joss Whedon favorite - yeah, she didn't get many good/funny lines; very serious and really, just very awesome:

"Clear."

No comments:

Post a Comment