Saturday, May 1, 2010

On a dark desert highway...

Last night I had the awesome pleasure of seeing The Eagles in concert. First time. They did NOT disappoint. Truly amazing. Harmony like nobody's business and musicianship that was above and beyond. And funny! Glenn Frey and Joe Walsh especially. In fact, Joe Walsh is freaking hilarious. I love that he knows he's crazy and just plays it up. Fantastic.

[video removed due to scary notice I received on my YouTube account!]

What was NOT fantastic was the crowd around us.

Let me first discuss the women seated in the aisle seats on the row behind us. Now, as you know, I attend a lot of events. A LOT. And I've sat in my share of aisle seats as I'm sure many of you have. When those that need to get into the inner seats arrive, it's common courtesy to stand up, right? Right. Apparently not to these two. They would not get up for people. And actually made kind of a big deal about people crawling over them a couple of times. One guy spilled his beer on her, and while he was clearly too drunk to be having another one, I gotta say, I wasn't really sad for her. Seriously. Who doesn't get up to let people by? Really ladies? Really???

Second, let me talk about the general unsettledness of everyone in our section and the sections near us. Up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down...and that was during the first song. I've never seen anything like it. No one could stay seated. And I don't mean they were standing up to sing or dance or anything. No. They were up and down the stairs. Back and forth. In and out. Over and over and over and freaking over again! It was insane. Just settle people...geesh!

And don't even get me started about people who got there late. Lame.

Third...the far-too-empowered "security" usher. She was all over the place and watching people like a demonic hawk. I did not approve at all when she touched my hand and told me there was no recording, only flash photography, allowed. No touchie sister! The video above was actually taken before she got all mean about things...and two more were taken later because I felt like being reckless and was annoyed. Needless to say, I broke the law. I guess I'm a rebel. Ah well...

But despite all that, this was truly one of the best concerts I've been to. They could have played for three days and I would have been happy. It was laid back, awesome and while they didn't play by #1 favorite, they played pretty much everything else, so I could not complain. And also, since the aisle sitters in our row didn't show, we were able to spread out between four seats. That was most yay!! I will never miss them in concert again, and I honestly can't believe it took me this long to see them.

Between them and Joe Pavelski, I had a great day...hope you did too!!

And let's not forget...

GO SHARKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment