Sunday, February 7, 2010

Blogging the Super Bowl Ads...

The big winners (in my mind): Dorito's, Coke, Denny's and Budweiser - specifically the horses and the autotune; a few other good ones as well, but a lot of lameness too.
  • McDonald's - pre-game fun with LeBron, Dwight and Larry...but lame that they would intimate that LeBron and Dwight didn't know who Larry was. come on McDonald's...
  • Bud Light House - should have been funnier; cute idea, but overall, fairly meh.
  • Snicker's - another cute idea that could have been funnier; maybe if I liked Snicker's I'd care more.
  • Focus on the Family - people were up in arms over this? seriously? I don't get the drama.
  • Survivor - so don't care.
  • Hyundai Sonata - snooze...
  • Boost Mobile - oh no...no no no...
  • Dorito's - yes! clever dog. he will not be taunted by stupid boy with bag of tasty Dorito's.
  • Robin Hood Movie - ads for movies don't really count do they?
  • Dorito's - another win. kid slapping guy macking on kid's mom was excellent.
  • Bud Light - much better effort, especially since it included the guy from LOST.
  • NCIS - head slap. awesome.
  • Coke - what can I say? egggggscellent! you can't go wrong with The Simpson's...yay!
  • Go Daddy - just gross. get off my tv please.
  • Dorito's - another good one. isn't this the ad the church in So Cal did? very cool.
  • Bud Light - omg, autotune Bud Light. awesome.
  • Monster - fiddlin' beaver...nice.
  • Wolfman Movie - yeah, I just don't care.
  • Bridgestone - okay...kinda funny...
  • Shape-ups - really Joe Montana? really?
  • Cars.com - Timothy Richmond = genius, and I really liked Timothy until he was too pathetic to buy a car.
  • CBS - gotta love the pimpin' of the network the game is on...
  • Budweiser - bridge of people. no freaking way I'd cross that. kinda funny.
  • Shutter Island Movie - creepy. 
  • CBS Cares w/Mark Sanchez - okay. I feel stupid for not knowing who that is.
  • Late Show - nice. can't go wrong with Dave in my book.
  • The Big Bang Theory - funny.
  • Careerbuilder - nasto-mcgrosness. 
  • Dockers - so just wearing underwear is the new super bowl ad? gross.
  • Hyundai - I like the veiled mocking of Favre, but in general, nothing Hyundai does will make me buy their car.
  • Bud Light - apparently LOST would have only lasted one episode if there had been Bud Light on Oceanic 815.
  • Dove - sure Dove. why not?
  • NFL Draft - really? there's an ad for that?
  • Dodge - okay, so what's with all the pathetic men in these ads? 
  • Telefora - nasty talking flowers...me likes.
  • Papa John's - oooo, maybe I want pizza...I guess that ad worked!
  • CSI: Miami - didn't make me want to watch CSI, but did make me want to go into space.
  • Alice Movie - can't wait to see it...hadn't seen this preview...definitely intrigued me more.
  • Dr. Pepper Cherry - ummm...what?
  • truTV - creepy. but funny.
  • Universal Orlando Harry Potter - I want to go to that!
  • FloTV - omg, another pathetic man...what is the deal?
  • Intel - sad robot. funny.
  • FloTV - meh. nothing about their ads makes me want to check it out.
  • Milk Bone - cute puppies! and yay for canine assistance!! dogs rock.
  • Air Force Reserve - they definitely make flying look cool.
  • Lexus - it's still made by Toyota...at least the man in it didn't look too pathetic...

HALFTIME! And I need a snack...and I don't need to watch The Who...

  • Prince of Persia Movie - no.
  • Motorola - Megan Fox = gross.
  • VW - slug bug...and Stevie Wonder...awesome.
  • Denny's - scared chickens made me laugh out loud.
  • How I Met Your Mother - Barney is the bomb.
  • Michelob Ultra - really Lance Armstrong? this is the product you choose to endorse? I don't get it.
  • HomeAway.com - the Griswald's are lookin' old.
  • Bridgestone - life, not wife...what?
  • KGB - seriously? who would use this service? having Kirk from Gilmore Girls hock it doesn't do anything for me.
  • Coke - Coke in the wild. me likes.
  • eTrade - talking babies are creepy, yet funny. really funny. milka-what?
  • How I Met Your Mother - Barney's the best part of that show.
  • Survivor - seriously. no.
  • Census - I'm so annoyed with these ads. And this one's no better. Frankly, I can't believe there are actual ads about the census. Really?
  • Google - clever. very clever.
  • KIA - creepy giant toys...I don't think I like you now. at all. cute little toys in the back of the car...no, still creepy.
  • RoundUp - snooze.
  • Select 55 - can you say lame? do it. lame.
  • NFL - does the NFL really need to spend money thanking us?
  • HealthMart - who?

And now we're starting to see re-runs of ads...boring!

  • Jack in the Box - I do love Jack. And bungee Jack was awesome. 
  • Vizio - I might want that.
  • Emerald Nuts/Pop Secret - these ads are always freakish, and this year's did not disappoint. freaktastic.
  • Dante's Inferno Video Game - uh, no.
  • Budweiser - not sure the baby clydesdale could be any cuter. loved loved loved this ad!!! absolutely my favorite of the night.
  • Honda - omg, that car is ugly. what thinking Honda?
  • Denny's - more screaming chickens. i seriously love these ads.
  • Audi - Green Police. nice.
  • Taco Bell - omg, Charles Barkley can NOT rap. and dang it, now I want Taco Bell. too bad that Laker tainted the whole thing.
  • Dorito's - crazy Dorito man! lesson learned: do not mess with Tim's Dorito's.
  • Bud Light - lame.
  • Hyundai - wow. they really want me to buy a Hyundai. I'm still not gonna.
  • eTrade - more babies. maybe if that movie about the babies was about THESE babies it would be interesting.
  • Go Daddy - seriously annoying. I will never visit that web site ever.
  • Denny's - okay, now I just want bacon. and cake.

And now the game is over...and I'm bitter...what happened to my Payton? Maybe I'll rewind and just enjoy that Budweiser clydesdale ad again...it was joyous...now I really need a snack...

No comments:

Post a Comment