Thursday, March 10, 2011

Blogging the Idols - Top 13

I haven't watched this season's Idol until now. I just couldn't do all that pre stuff again. I do think the talent overall is better than last year when I had to stop watching completely. I can still only watch it via DVR though. I'd have to kill myself if I couldn't fast forward through the performances I don't like or the Ryan Seacrest chatter. Anyway...thought I'd blog my thoughts this year, so here we go...what did you think?

One: Lauren
Country. No. Not a fan. And she was pitchy. Had to fast forward.

Two: Casey
YES. A thousand kinds of yes, and I do NOT like Joe Cocker, so the fact that I still loved the performance says a lot.

Three: Ashton
Oh. Where do I start? No. Under pitch the first few phrases. Had to fast forward.

Four: Paul
Okay. I can get behind Paul. Not a fan of Ryan Adams, but I sorta dug it. A little pitchy, but really enjoyed the performance.

Five: Pia
Do you think she knows Celine Dion wasn't the first person to sing that song? She was pretty good. Didn't dig that train thing on her dress though. And something about her just bugged. But the singing part was okay.

Six: James
Ummm...did.not.like. Hard because I LOVE that song and hearing someone else sing it is tough. He was okay, but just not really a fan. Fast forwarded.

Seven: Haley
LeAnn Rimes is your idol? I feel old. Still country. And still do.not.like. Fast forwarded.

Seriously, when did this become Country Idol? Isn't there a different show for that??? I blame Carrie Underwood for this. Bothered.

Eight: Jacob
Is it bad that I know he worked at Burke Williams based on the fact he mentioned Hunter's Retreat? A little concerned that R Kelly's his idol, but that is one of my favorite songs and he definitely did it justice. I DO believe I can fly.

Nine: Thia
One of my favorite songs. But not the way she sang it. She can sing, but I did not like this at all. Fast forwarded.

Ten: Stefano
Another one of my favorite songs. Not a fan of his version. Techno? Just say no. Don't really think it was right for his voice. Not a fan. Fast forwarded.

Eleven: Karen
Selena. J Lo. Hmmm... Love this song too. But wow. This wasn't good. Kinda boring actually. And something about her bugged too.

Twelve: Scotty
Oh dear. More country. I kinda want to cry. It's clear the kid can sing, but my ears can't handle it. Sorry, but had to fast forward.

Thirteen: Naima
Rhianna's your idol? Really? Hmmm... Oh dear. I kinda want to punch this performance in the face. Bad.

My favorite: Jacob, hands down.

My least favorite: Wow. That's a toss up. Naima and Ashton, but the country stuff just makes me cringe so I really can't judge.

Until next week...

2 comments:

  1. And it's goodbye to Ashton...apparently I wasn't the only one who wasn't excited by her...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We HAVE to watch an ep together!!! You and I are so much the same with the way we judge performances!!!

    ReplyDelete