Thursday, October 22, 2009

Why I have headphones...

As I write this, I'm sitting in the San Jose airport waiting to get on my flight to Vegas for the U2 concert. I don't think I need to tell you that the plane is delayed. By 30 minutes. Neat. The bonus is that I'm sitting at the gate and an uber-important and ultra-cranky woman is talking so loud on the phone that I now know that she worked in a room with machines all day and didn't even have time to call his mother. I assume this is the mother of the person on the other end of the phone. The person who she continues to tell not to get mad, and not to be mad, and that she just doesn't have time. Oh yeah, she's busy. She told him. Multiple times.

As unbelievably exciting as this woman's continued sob story/crank fest is, I had to get the headphones out. It had to be done. I continue to turn the volume up. She is loud. LOUD.

Oh good. Now she's standing up. Wait...wait...this wasn't even her gate!!! Oh my lanta. Get out.

But now, she and her loudness are gone. Buh bye.

Happy.

Still delayed, but happy in the semi-silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment