Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Ground control to Major Tom...

...commencing countdown engine's on... (do you know the artist?)

Oh yes. The countdown is on. Actually, there are multiple countdowns at work.

  • First, the countdown to the return of Lost. I mean give it, and give it now! Less than 48 hours away!!
  • Second, the countdown to the birthday festivities. Friends and family begin arriving in less than 48 hours (6 1/2 hours prior to the return of Lost to be exact). I can't wait to see everyone and enjoy the Sharks playing in my honor. Ken and Marianne...I'll miss you.
  • Finally, the countdown to the birthday itself (which actually comes two full days AFTER the festivities). From today, it's 6 days away. Bring it on. After all, 40 is the new 15. :-)

As I sit here chatting about countdowns, I realize they are really just another type of list. Am I destined to be defined by a list? Are you defined by a list? Have I lost my mind? Oh look, a LIST of questions! I think we all know the answer to that last question...

Alright, I think I better stop for the night. I've clearly lost it. One final question though...what sit-com does that song remind you of?

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment